The health safety and welfare of our employees and all those
who visit our sites is the top priority for members of our Association.
The Associations Health and Safety Committee is made up of professionals
from member companies who are involved in both safety and production
management. The Health and Safety Committee is charged with the
responsibility of identifying, discussing, reporting on and monitoring
all aspects of Health, Safety and Welfare practices and procedures
in the Industry which affect the Association’s members.
It endeavours to encourage members to comply with all relevant
Health, Safety and Welfare Legislation.
The Committee aims to:
- Provide members with all relevant and current Health &
Safety information to facilitate a safe and healthy working
environment for those in the Industry.
- Assist members with any difficulties in the interpretation,
understanding, implementation and review of any Health, Safety
and Welfare Legislation.
- Inform members of their duties and responsibilities towards
employees, clients and others who may be affected by their activities,
operation and/or products.
- Identify training needs and recommend suitable training providers
to facilitate safe working
- Inform members of relevant safety aspects and best practice
methods, which should be considered by them when selecting,
designing, constructing, manufacturing, operating, and maintaining
premises, plant items, apparatus, machinery and equipment used
- Provide members with information on current and pending Health
& Safety Guidance Notes. Approved Codes of Practices, British
and European Standards as well as European Directives.
- Monitor reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences, near
misses and the incidence of work related ill health and any
other significant instances within the Industry with the view
to submitting recommendations to members to allow them to address
the primary causes.
- Establish and maintain formal and effective consultation
arrangements with the QPA(NI) Executive Committee and associated
- Liase with Statutory, Professional and Industry based Health,
Safety and Welfare agencies and organisations in members’
- Ensure that members views and comments are sought and communicated
to the appropriate authority in respect of any consultative
documents relating to proposed Regulations, Approved Codes of
Practice, Codes of Practice, European Directives which will
apply to the Industry.
- Actively promote, encourage and foster a greater understanding,
awareness and ownership of Health & Safety issues amongst
the members other interested parties and the general public.
- Develop links with the media and Industry publications to
promote Health, Safety and Welfare as well as the wider objectives
of the Association.
| Health and Safety
||Acheson & Glover Ltd
||Creagh Concrete Products Ltd
||On behalf of John McQuillan Contracts
|Brian Og Mullan
||B Mullan & Sons
|| Northstone (NI) Q&A
||Jabez Safety Solutions
||P Clarke & Sons
|| FP McCann
||Whitemountian Quarries Ltd
||Tarmac NI Ltd
||Norman Emerson Group
|Top of page
I Disclaimer I Sitemap